The male vocal sextet founded December 20, 1989, offers a line of work until then unknown in the world. Using only the genre a cappella, the group addressed virtually all the rhythms of Cuban popular music with a distinctive and unique seal. Run all the instruments of this music format using only their voices. Its members are able to play (hence the term SAMPLING) the tones that make up the sounds of typical sextets, jazz bands, ensembles, bands, salsa bands or any other instrumental combination. The repertoire consists mainly of original compositions, but includes issues of universal authority known as Miguel Matamoros, Benny Moré, Silvio Rodriguez, Richard Strauss, among others.
Throughout his successful career they have shared the stage with important artists like Peter Gabriel, Bobby McFerrin, The Wailers, Bernard Lavilliers, Ray Barreto, Celia Cruz, Fito Paez, Chucho Valdes and Irakere, Chick Corea, Phil Collins, Chaka Khan, Gilberto Santarosa, Gal Costa, Laura Pausinni, Juan Formell and Los Van Van, All for One, Cachao and his orchestra, the Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Randy Brecker, Steps Ahead, Greeg Philingen, Seis del Solar, Albita Rodríguez , The Flying Pickets, Patti Austin, La orquesta de la luz, among many others. Quincy Jones expecial invited to participate in the commemoration of its 50 years of artistic life in the Montreaux Jazz Festival 1996 where they formed part of an All-Star Orchestra led by the American musician himself.
Since 1992 the group has toured Belgium, France, Germany, England, Holland, Spain, Finland, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Turkey, Slovenia, Canada, United States, Mexico, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Brazil , Panama and Japan. He has participated in important festivals of Jazz, world music, vocal music and salsa, among others: Festival “April Jazz Espoo, Finland – 1992 and 1998 World Festival of Music” Couleur Café “, Belgium 1992 and 1993 Womad Reading Festival , England – 1992, World Music Festival “Printemps de Bourges”, France – 1993, Festival de Jazz de Nice, France – 1993 and 1994 Jazz Festival in Vienna, Austria – 1995; Jazz Festival Istanbul, Turkey – 1995 , Montreaux Jazz Festival, Switzerland – 1995 and 1996; Festival “A Capella Summit, San Francisco, USA – 1995, World Music Festival Sukiyaki, Japan – 1997; Polyphonic Singing Festival in Corsica, France – 1998. During one of his tours in the United States participated in the special program “Comic Relief” on HBO in 1998.
Rene Baños Pascual.
Pedro Bernard Coto.
Reinaldo Sanler Maseda.
Oscar Porro Jimenez.
Hector Crespo Enriquez
Luis Alzaga Mora.
Presents an important discography:
CD “Una forma mas” – 1993
– Awards “Best Artist of the Year” for “Best Foreign Song” and “Album of the Year”, awarded by The Contemporary A Cappella Society of America in 1996.
– Nomination for the Prize of the Association of Entertainment Critics of New York in 1996.
– Prenomination GRAMMY Award in the category of Most Original Group in 1996.
– EGREM Award 1996 in the category of Vocal Music.
CD “De vacaciones” – 1996
– Award for Best Pop-Rock Album of 1998 and Best Pop-Rock song of 1998 provided by The Contemporary A Cappella Society of America in 1998.
CD “Live in Berlin” – 1998 (live concert recorded during his tour of Germany
CD “Cambio de Tiempo” – 2001
“ Akapelleando” 2005 EGREM in Cuba
– Grand Prix 2007 Cubadisco
– In 2010 he was nominated by the Contemporary A Cappella Association of USA (CASA) as the best band in the area of South America, Central and the Caribbean.
DVD “ Otra Forma Mas ” -2013
– 3 Nominations Cubadisco 2013.