RAINFOREST WORLD CRAFTS BAZAAR (RWCB)
Craft workers, craft makers, craft vendors, craft collectors – don’t miss the Rainforest World Crafts Bazaar inside the great Music Festival of that name.
RWCB is a festival of hand-made crafts, using the ingenuity of our local people ad the raw materials from the rainforest. Craftspeople from other lands add colour and interest to the event.
Not-to-miss specialties are
- rattan, bamboo and bemban basketry and mat-work
- Beadwork of all kinds, from bead-wrought fabrics to chunky necklaces, bracelets and anklets
- Batik textiles, batik art work
- Tree-bark cloth novelties
- Stylized version of indigenous costumes
RWCB is sited under and between the Melanau and Malay Houses, and in the Top-spinning arena. The show opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 8 p.m.
Sustaining, Challenging and Promoting Sarawak Crafts